Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September Snapshot: Times flies when you are having fun.

  
Wow! I can't believe that September is over already!  As I review my class notes and moodle postings, I reflect on how much content we have covered in the span of a month.  From aims, goals and objectives to direction instruction, I feel I had gained invaluable knowledge that I can add to my "teacher toolkit."

Several themes stick out in my head: technology, peer work, collaboration and feedback.

 I feel I have become a lot more knowledgeable about incorporating technology into the classroom.  The fact this this is a "paperless","green" class has really inspired me to become more technologically savvy and creative.  Getting and posting assignment via moodle is somewhat new to me and I am becoming much more comfortable doing so.  I also discovered some great, useful tools such as googledocs, vokis,  and wikispaces that I know I will be using in the future. I am also new to the world of blogging and I have to say that this is a great space to reflect, analyze and review.   I plan on using these tools in my future classroom.

I have really enjoyed working with my classmates  and collaborating with them.  Breaking in small peer groups to discuss and review class reading and assignments is a very effective way of strengthening understanding and correcting misconceptions.   Getting quick feedback is essential to the learning process and  I feel that through feedback I have learned a lot about methods of instruction.

As we enter into October, I look forward to learning more ways to incorporate technology, present material, engage students and become the best teacher I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment