Friday, November 12, 2010

Learning is a Never Ending Journey. Webquest, "To Infinity and Beyond! Exploring the Solar System."






I had never created or worked with a webquest before so I was initially overwhelmed.  I thought that I would have to create the webquest completely from scratch.  However, after doing some research and talking with my peers that have had experience creating and working with webquests, I learned that they are not too bad and are a very powerful learning tool. There are many wonderful previously made solar system webquests that are available online that I got ideas from and modified to make my own.  

Creating this webquest, was also my first time using Pbworks.  I struggled with learning how to link pages, add pictures, videos and vokis, but after a bit of practice, I was able to get it down pat.  Since, Pbworks had become one of my favorite sites to use.

When giving the webquest, the students were very excited that they got to  work on computers.  They seemed to enjoy the premise of the webquest, the vokis and the videos.  One of my main challenges was making sure that students were exploring all of the websites that I had assigned and keeping track of time, since it was so limited. 

Overall, the webquest went over well, the students were excited and the cooperating teaching enjoyed the use of technology.  When I become a teacher, I definitely plan on using many webquests.  They allow the students to discover and explore.  Webquests contain a plethora of information that can not be found in a textbook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment