Friday, March 25, 2011

Let's get creative! Make your own digital story!


Above is the video that I created using iMovie software on my Mac.  I tried to use Windows Movie Maker and Microsoft Photostory 3, but neither would work on my Mac.

 I chose to do  my story on the history of Shea Stadium.  Growing up I went to Shea countless of times with my family and friends and it became like a second home to me.  Creating the digital story was a lot of fun and gave me practice working with a variety of different media.  My biggest struggle with this assignment was trying to find a movie maker that was compatible with my computer.

After creating the digital story,  I can really see how valuable a project like this can be.  A student can use the web to find information, pictures, and videos on any topic and compile a story about it of their very own. Creating a digital story, narrating it and putting music to it, allows the student to put their own creative touches on it.  Instead of just writing an essay on a topic, creating a digital story takes it one step beyond.  An assignment like this would benefit the diverse needs of learners.

In the future, I will definitely use digital story making in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment